Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hugh Jackman, director James Mangold to team up for more ‘Wolverine’

Hugh Jackman and director James Mangold are getting ready to sink their claws into Wolverine again.


The star and director of this summer’s “The Wolverine” are in negotiations with Twentieth Century Fox for another installment of the hairy X-Man’s solo adventures, Deadline.com reported.


Under Mangold’s guidance, “The Wolverine” earned $413.5 million at the box office -- and managed to erase much of the critical stink surrounding the brooding mutant’s last escapade, 2009’s “X-Men Origins: Wolverine.”


Assuming both Mangold and Jackman sign on, the Wolverine film will be the third collaboration between the pair after 2001’s time-traveling romantic comedy, “Kate & Leopold.”


Jackman told the Daily News in July that he could see himself continuing to play the character - even after he just wrapped filming on his seventh film as Wolverine in the upcoming “X-Men Days of Future Past.”


“I think the same way golfers are always looking for a hole in one, I love this character and I never take for granted the opportunity I have to play what I think is one of the cooler, more interesting, multi-layered comic book characters,” Jackman said at the time.


“At some point my body will give up, but right now I’m enjoying it more than ever.”


No comments:

Post a Comment