Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Liberty Ross reflects on Rupert Sanders' KStew affair: 'It was really the worst'

It was the "Twilight" cheating scandal that rocked Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson fans to the core, but the real-life devastation happened for Liberty Ross.


Over a year after finding out that her husband, “Snow White and the Huntsman” director Rupert Sanders, 42, was having an affair with the film’s 23-year-old lead actress, Ross opened up to Vanity Fair in a new interview, recalling the “horrible” ordeal.


RELATED: ROBERT PATTINSON PUTS LOS FELIZ HOME ON THE MARKET


"I have no words to describe what we went through," Ross, 35, said.


"It was really the worst, really the worst."


PHOTOS: CELEBRITY CHEATING SCANDALS


Stewart split from Pattinson, 27, her boyfriend of four years, shortly after the shocking revelation. Ross said she realized her 16-year marriage was over as well.


"I think, for me, something always has to completely die for there to be a rebirth,” she said. “And, for me, I feel like I'm going through a rebirth."


RELATED: KRISTEN STEWART VICTIM OF CAR PRANK AS FAN WRITES ‘I LOVE ROB’ ON HOOD


Ross revealed that her husband approached her about the affair 20 hours before the paparazzi photos showing him and Stewart canoodling on the side of a road appeared in magazines and went viral online in June 2012.


Her brother, Oscar-winning composer Atticus Ross, also recalled to Vanity Fair that he helped secure a public relations worker for Ross and her two children, knowing that the news would lead to a media circus.


RELATED: ROBERT PATTINSON MOVES ON WITH SEAN PENN'S DAUGHTER: REPORT


They went to stay with one of Atticus Ross' friends, away from Hollywood.


"I was able to be there completely secluded," Ross said.


"I just visualized [being] this sort of Masai warrior. I was just going to stand very still and very strong and just let it all roll past me. I tried to keep as far away from it as I could and to understand that this is my family and it's the most precious thing to me."


Sanders and Stewart both issued public apologies, but the damage had already been done.


"I'm not a quitter," Ross said. "I've done everything I could to be the perfect wife and mother and really support my husband. But I just didn't have any more to give, you know?"


"We were together for 16 years, and that in itself is really beautiful," she said. "And we've created two exceptional lives together."


No comments:

Post a Comment