Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pink defends husband Carey Hart, daughter Willow's motorcycle ride

What?! Pink told her followers that if they didn't think a kid should be on a motorbike they shouldn't take THEIR kids on one.

Nigel Waldron/Getty Images



What?! Pink told her followers that if they didn't think a kid should be on a motorcycle they shouldn't take THEIR kids on one.




Pink isn't feeling so rosy over questions about her parenting.


The singer took to Twitter to air her grievances regarding the backlash she and husband, Carey Hart, have received after posting Instagram pics of their 2-year-old daughter, Willow, joyriding with her dad on a motorcycle.


"If any of u have more experience on a bike than my husband, then I will listen to your opinions on how he should take my daughter for a ride," the "Just Give Me a Reason" singer tweeted Tuesday. "I can't promise I will care, but I will listen none the less."


The 38-year-old retired racer shared the daddy-daughter adventure time snapshots Sunday on his account with the caption: "Been waiting for this day for a very long time. Willz went for her 1st ride on my motorcycle around the pits today."


"She was pumped the whole time," he continued. "When we stopped, she gave me a big hug and said 'it was fun, thank you Papa.' That's my girl."


PHOTOS: STARS WHO RUN THEIR MOUTHS INTO SCANDAL


But not everyone was so joyous over their excursion.


"Has anyone suggested training wheels and a helmet yet?" one of Pink's 20 million followers wrote.


"Wait until she's 16 and let her decide for herself," another tweeted. "Bikes are no joke!"


The opinionated comments continued as yet another wrote: "Honestly … I wouldn't like the idea of a child so young being on a bike."


While Pink, 34, was tight-lipped for as long as her outspoken persona would allow, she responded to the last tweet: "Then I don't recommend it for your child."


PHOTOS: BEST CELEBRITY TWITTER PHOTOS


However, not everyone agreed that Willow's bike ride was such a bad idea.


"Awesome stuff! Screw the critics!" someone wrote in response to Hart's posted photos.


"Such sweet photos! I don't know what all the fuss is about, he's one of the best riders on the planet, she couldn't be in better hands!" another supporter wrote on Hart's page.


"Love it," another responded. "Just heard them making a big deal about this on the radio. My pops did the same with me. Keep making those memories brotha!!!"


Just as the fans who are backing the couple's decision ignored the hate, Pink intended to do the same after letting off some Twitter steam.


"M'kay I'm gonna go now," she wrote closing out her tirade. "Gotta figure out what wills is wearing tomorrow for her MANIACAL MOTO MANIA!!!!!! Gotta pack veggies too! Organic!"


zrivera@nydailynews.com



No comments:

Post a Comment