Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Tori Spelling: I lied about how I really lost my baby weight

Tori Spelling admitted she wasn't exactly "Spelling It Like It Is" when she bragged about losing post-pregnancy weight on diet and exercise alone.


The reality mom and best-selling author writes in her new memoir that she essentially starved herself after giving birth to her fourth child, son Finn last year.


"I really don't exercise much, period," Spelling, 40, writes in her new book, according to Us Weekly.


RELATED: TORI SPELLING, DEAN MCDERMOTT REVEAL MONEY TROUBLES


"So I took off my weight the old-fashioned way. I like to call it the Just Keep Your F--king Mouth Shut and Eat Air diet. It's all the rage."


The magazine especially has a bone to pick with the "Tori & Dean" star, considering she detailed her awesome weight loss efforts to them in an April interview and cover story.


Spelling told Us Weekly that she lost it with a "combination of low-impact cardio, and a healthy diet of fish, veggies, soups" and snacks like rice cakes and avocado, among other things.


RELATED: TORI SPELLING SLAMS KATIE HOLMES IN NEW MEMOIR


"There's no magic pill, but I have never once counted calories," she claimed. "I'm a big believer in eating healthy."


It's safe to assume the "eat air diet" wouldn't sit well with health experts.


"My publicist had given me clear instructions about what to say about my weight loss," Spelling confesses in her memoir.


RELATED: TORI SPELLING REVEALS HER SEX TAPE WITH HUSBAND WAS STOLEN


"Women didn't want to know that I had lost weight through dieting, not exercising. I didn't want to be the a--hole who didn't work for it. So I said that I swam. It was sort of a bad choice. I can't do much more than a doggy paddle."


The swimming lie even had Spelling on the cover of Us Weekly posing proudly in a bikini while holding her baby boy.


"My doctor suggested I try swimming," she told the magazine in April. "It's good for the whole body and low-impact since you're weightless. So I started doing that in our pool in January. I don't count laps. I'll swim until I'm sore or play Marco Polo with the kids instead."


With a nod to her first book's title, "Stori Telling" is clearly Spelling's strong suit.


No comments:

Post a Comment