Monday, November 4, 2013

Courtney Love: ‘I deserve a second chance’

Courtney Love is reinventing herself, and thinks Hollwood should give her a ‘second chance.’

Alo Ceballos/FilmMagic



Courtney Love is reinventing herself, and thinks everyone should give her a ‘second chance.’




Courtney Love is trying to make a comeback, and everyone should let her — she says.


"Listen, if [Orange is the New Black star] Natasha Lyonne can burn down a house and Robert [Downey Jr.] can go to prison for two years, I deserve a second chance," Love, 49, says in a new interview with Fashion magazine.


"I know there is hope for me."


COURTNEY LOVE TO PUBLISH AUTOBIOGRAPHY


In the middle of working on an autobiography, new album and new clothing line, the Hole rocker opened up to the magazine on everything from her tumultuous past of drug addiction and rehabilitation, to the effect it all had on her reputation.


"I got really ostracized by [fashion] after I went to rehab in 2006," she said. "After I got out, no one would dress me and I sucked it up. I went to Paris, got on a plane and I was only invited to two shows."


Love describes the high-end fashion world as a fickle, "reactionary community," often changing its mind about celebrities based on the opinions of one or few big names.


RELATED: COURTNEY LOVE POSTS 'SEX WITH MAD KABUKI WARRIOR' PHOTO


"It's about who you surround yourself with in your career," she said. "The next time I went back to Paris was in 2008 and I got invited to a hundred shows."


The "Celebrity Skin" singer also compares being a rock star to another tricky field.


"Being a rock star today is almost like being a politician," she tells the magazine.


"You have a platform where you can say things, and the good ones like [Bruce] Springsteen, [Michael] Stipe and Bono use it for good politics."



No comments:

Post a Comment