Sunday, November 3, 2013

Lea Michele: Kate Hudson helped me cope after Cory Monteith's death

Lea Michele got by with a little help from her friend Kate Hudson following the death of her "Glee" co-star and boyfriend Cory Monteith in July.


"I called her and said, I don't know where I'm going to go because my house is swarmed (with reporters)," Michele explains to ELLE magazine, in a new interview for its December issue.


RELATED: LEA MICHELE OPENS UP ABOUT CORY MONTEITH, ‘GLEE’ TRIBUTE


"She was like, 'Oh, you're going to stay at my house.' Like it was nothing."


The 27-year-old actress explained that she was grateful to have Hudson, 34, who took her in and "made sure" she and her family and friends were taken care of after Monteith passed away from an overdose on heroin and alcohol on July 13.


PHOTOS: CORY MONTEITH DEAD AT 31: HIS LIFE AND CAREER


"She let my family stay there, and any of my friends," Michele tells the magazine.


"She made sure that in the refrigerator were my favorite juices… I'll never really be able to thank her, truly, for what she did for me."


RELATED: 'GLEE' DEBUTS TRAILER FOR CORY MONTEITH TRIBUTE EPISODE


The actress also said Hudson - who joined the cast of "Glee" in the show's fourth season - was one of the first people she called upon hearing of Monteith's death.


Since then, the Bronx-born stage and television actress has been moving forward with her career and life.


"Now that I'm in this position, you can choose to rise, which is what I'm going to try to do," she tells the magazine.


"It's very hard and you have to be very strong to come out of this alive, but I think by doing the best for myself, by showing that you don't have to lose yourself, maybe someone else will feel some sort of strength or comfort."


"I know that Cory would want nothing more than for me to take this situation and use it to help people."


No comments:

Post a Comment