Sunday, November 3, 2013

Selena Gomez: I’m the girl you ‘take home to your parents, not for the night’

   do not use

Giampaolo Sgura for Teen Vogue



'I'm always going to be the girl you want to take home to your parents, not for the night,' Selena Gomez tells Teen Vogue in the issue out November 19.




While "Come & Get It" might be her current anthem, Selena Gomez says she isn't always the rebellious girl those lyrics might suggest.


In a new interview with Teen Vogue, the pop star, 21, reveals that she's currently in the mindset of doing whatever she wants to feel "human and normal," but even that has its boundaries.


"You fall in love and it completely consumes you," Gomez tells the magazine, out on news stands November 19.


RELATED: SELENA GOMEZ CRIES ONSTAGE WHILE SINGING SONG ALLEGEDLY ABOUT BIEBER


"So a part of you is broken when that's gone. And part of you wants to have that rebellious feeling where you're just like, forget it-I can do anything I want. I've tried it, and I've never been that girl. I'm always going to be the girl you want to take home to your parents, not for the night."


The singer split from ex-boyfriend Justin Bieber earlier this year. Since then, she has been fielding rumors of reconciliation with the "Heartbreaker" singer, and some reports of new flames.


"My attention span is all over the place, and I overthink things," Gomez said. "I'm an insomniac. Dancing allows me to go away and not have to think of what I'm doing next. That is the opportunity for me to really escape."


RELATED: SELENA GOMEZ KEEPS THINGS CLASSY AT BARCLAYS CENTER


While not commenting on her love life, the "Spring Breakers" actress also says she's learning to accept situations - both bad and good - as learning experiences.


"I like to say I have a good sense of judgment, but I know that not everybody does," she said.


"The older I've gotten, the more I've learned that I have to open myself up to all opportunities. Maybe I'll get burned and not meet the right people, but I won't know until I do it."



No comments:

Post a Comment